Bracken Feeley O'Brien
Family & Immigration Lawyers
At Bracken Feeley O'Brien our practice included immigration law. We handle spousal sponsorship, family reunification and appeals.
Spousal, Partner and Child Sponsorship
You can become a sponsor someone to come to Canada if you are:
1. at least 18 years old
2. a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
3. if you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident
4. you can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada
5. able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
6. have enough income to provide for basic needs of any grandchildren (dependent children of a dependent child) of the principal applicant
The sponsor, who can be a man or woman, can sponsor a married, common-law or conjugal partner, either of the same or the opposite sex.
You can find out more information here
Similar to sponsoring your spouse or children, you can also apply as a sponsor to reunite your extended family in Canada.
This means you can apply to bring in grandparents, adopted children and other relatives and grandchildren. Learn more here <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/>
At Bracken Feeley O'Brien we can help you with your application.
(905) 666-5326 Whitby, Durham Region
Serving Pickering Ajax Uxbridge Oshawa & Toronto Area